That’s no manga, that’s a novel! But it’s a Yoi Novel!
Recorded 11-13-2014 @ REDACTED. REFER TO THE PODCAST FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Dave and Carl interview New York Times Bestselling author Gail Carriger. And it’s pretty cool. We don’t really want to spoil the details, so here’s the direct link to the podcast.
But, if you insist on wanting to know what transpired, here’s some of the things we talked about:
– Carl’s technical difficulties with the microphone not being secured tightly in its base and slamming into its twice within the first minute of recording (Don’t worry; we’ve fixed the sound whenever it happens so your eardrums don’t explode from all of that sudden air pressure coming out from the speakers).
– Gail’s reasoning for not being phased at all from the visual changes made to the manga adaptation of her Souless novel.
– Gail’s stories from the Japanese localization for some of her novels.
– Her startling revelation that she likes Yoi (which is Japanese for “good” or “high-quality) Manga.
– Why she’s so picky about her Italian food, why she thinks Mexican food over in Chicago isn’t as great as it is in California, and Dave’s attempts to convince her otherwise.
See you next week! For real this time!